This project has been one of the most challenging, but enjoyable, things I have ever done. Managing a project of this size, with this many different elements has been very tricky. I know that I could have planned my time better, and that I have let parts of the greater project slip in order to get a film finished by the deadline. There are things that I didn't feel able to get from my head onto the screen just yet, particularly with bolder and more characterful animating, and I am excited to keep learning so that I can overcome this in future.
I am really interested in the feedback I received surrounding ways that I could take my idea and make it more fit for purpose. Taking the steps of a dance as the steps of mitosis in a more literal, instructional, way to make a better teaching tool hadn't occurred to me. I think that I was too focussed on getting my first idea out the way I saw it in my head and keeping with my art direction. I didn't take the time to check that I was making the best, most appropriate version of that idea, and I will continue to think about pushing an idea all the way through to its best point.
I wish that I had been able to make better use of the mistakes I made in earlier projects in time for this brief. However, I know that reflecting on the wider lessons learned this year some more over the summer will be as good a use of my time as keeping up with skills I have gained in Maya, so I will make time for this.
I am pleased with the work I have made this year, I couldn't have imagined achieving this much when I started in September. I can't wait to see what next year brings - and what I can bring to next year.